Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions!!

( Nothing to do with this post but aren't they so sweet. At the zoo this fall.)
It's that time of year again, resolution time. While I don't make resolutions per say it is a good time to reflect and embrace change.

There are the obvious, eat better and exercise. Gag- on the exercise:-)

Spiritually- working at being much more forgiving. Life is too short to harbor ill will.

Marriage- building up the points in the ole marriage bank. A five minute head massage or making his lunch with out complaint are just little things but the little things all add up.

Mothering- be more of a "yes mom." Reading one more chapter or stopping by the park on the way home, go for a walk. Life is about the little things.

Homeschooling- make it through the year without going insane, sorry but that's all I got on that one.

Financially- actually stick to the budget.

The one thing I believe will help me be a better person in all these areas is pulling my hind end out of bed at least 2 hours before the kids. Strange?

No not really. I'll have quiet time to read the Bible and pray. Time to gather my thoughts and have the house ready for the day to begin. It is amazing what some Bible reading, a shower, the dishwasher emptied and the laundry begun will do for your spirit before 5 children descend on you like a flock of locust. School goes much better when I'm not trying to do laundry and dishes and brush my teeth all between 6 million questions.

Simple routines give me so much more time in my day. I hate to feel like I'm always trying to catch up. Routine also makes the kids easier to handle, they too love to know what is next.

So as much as I love to snuggle up to my man all warm and cozy in the morning. I just need to face the fact that in the summer he has to slip out the bed before me, in the winter it is my turn.

No comments: