Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tis the season...

The hay making season that is. The hubby is swamped at work and when he gets home his head is still at work. It's only the first week or two of the busy season and is going to prove to be interesting. The kids expect and want their daddy at dinner and for an hour minimum after dinner. Trying to get it through their heads the how's and whys of daddy's mostly seasonal job is not as easy as I hoped. The other week when it had been three nights in a row of no daddy at dinner I tried to tell the kids that this is the time of year that daddy has to work a lots and lots, you have to make hay while the sun shines, right? Lula said, "so we can have lots and lots of money?" Well now how do you explain to a four year old it's not about the money but providing for the needs of the family and being wise stewards? Oh well someday hopefully it clicks. Well the hubby is wonderful and still spend about an hour with the kids when he gets home even if it means keeping them up late, which for me is hard or harder because I've been with them all day and bedtime is bliss but their time with daddy is more important. Well at least I have an hour of two in the morning by myself with them sleeping in a little. Here's to hay making and good hay making weather.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Tis so true isn't it? Ben was home for dinner last night for the first time this week. I think it's hardest on Roman he'll say "daddy no work, daddy home". The older two understand it I think. We even got a walk in after dinner last night just me, ben and roman so that was nice. I like to do that every night but not to often ben gets to come maybe once every two weeks or so. I thank the Lord their busy now!! Keep making hey..heehhe.

Sharon said...

I can't remember the last time Caleb was home for dinner before 6:30-7:00. Some days I hope it will rain and then I have to remember to thank God that they have work. The weekend will be here soon enough again and then we will get to see them...hopefully.. if it isn't good golfing weather, right?