Monday, April 16, 2007

The Birth of Lula My Sweet baby girl!

I was due Jan 5. Racky came five days early so I was quite ready to have this baby when Jan 10 rolled around. Around 3:00 in the morning I was having good strong contractions that I couldn't sleep through. I got up and took a bath. I was in and out of the bath or shower until about five when I woke up the hubby. I was still smiling and excited to meet our new little one. He got up and was very glad that he didn't have to go to work because it was snowing quite hard and he was working outside at the time. I called the midwife around 5:30 to let her know that I was in labor and that we would be needing her assistance later. She asked if I wanted her to come over I said no because I was still all smiles and we would call her later. I packed up the things for Racky set out his food for the day. I was laying on the couch about 6:30 when I heard and felt a pop, my water had broken. (Thankfully it was leather.) My mood instantly changed. I made my way upstairs right away, before things got too bad. I got back into the shower. The hubby called the midwife to tell her things had changed and that she should come. He also called his mom to come get Racky. I was moaning quite loudly (slight understatement). Hubby asked me if I wanted to see Racky before he left, I didn't, I would of scared him. He kept running between me and Racky until the midwife got there. The midwife arrived and set up the bed before she even told me she was there. She then came into the bathroom and told me that my baby was coming out now, she hadn't even checked me yet. Later she said she could tell by the tone of my voice. She asked if I wanted to have the baby in the tub but I said no because there was no more hot water and I was freezing. I some how made my way to the bed. She checked me I was complete with a lip, she moved the lip out of the way and the baby plunged down. I was amazed to feel the baby move so clearly. I started pushing right away. I asked where the hubby was, he was still waiting on his mom. He finally came up and after a push or two she was born. I had to really push to get her body out because it was the same size as her head. The midwife even asked me if I was pushing because her body was coming so slowly. She was born at 7:24 am. She had fresh meconium in her hair. The placenta was stubborn too, I had to really, really push while the midwife pulled to deliver it. I was so loud that my mother in law knew the baby was coming soon too and I made her friend that was with her cry. I only pushed for 8 mins. I had a girl, I thought she was a girl from the beginning. I bought pink the first week I was pregnant. I didn't have the same feelings after she was born that I did with the first. Yes I loved her but she didn't do all the cute things her brother did, she didn't have a personality yet, but it didn't take long for her the make her way into our hearts. She was 9 lbs. 4 oz. and 22 inches long.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they make their ways into our hearts? Can you imagine having three little helpers this time around? You are definitely going to have your hands full! :)