Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ramblings

Not much new around here. The weather has been nice, it's quite a bit cooler today but still nice. We got the garage cleaned out, like emptied and hosed out the winter grime. I also got our landscaping trimmed back for the summer so besides putting down some bark down we are pretty well set outside. We have my brothers open house here the end off May so keeping up on the yard with the ever growing belly will be a chore. Were almost done with school for the summer. I was pushing him pretty hard because of the baby being due June 1. The "what if I go early" thing. That's just wishful thinking. But we should be done with math in less than 2 weeks at a relaxed pace and reading about another week. I have made a list of activities to do with him over the summer like counting by fives and counting money. I will hopefully read to him daily and have him read some too. Then the search is on for next years curriculum. I still not sure what we're going to use. I wish there weren't 5 million options. I was contemplating putting him in karate but the cost is crazy and with the baby that's just one more thing. Maybe the next year.
I've been mentally listing what the kids will be needing so when garage sale season hits I don't over buy in some areas and under buy in others. I just need to get it on paper so I can remember it when I need it. I figure if it saves me 30 or 40 bucks it will be worth the hour I spend on it, but it probably save me more than that. I have also be planning the menu for the month after the baby comes, I hope to have most of it cooked and frozen at least three weeks before I'm due. Well were out of laundry detergent so I must be off to the store. Have a good day.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh, how I wish that I could say that about my garage! That is the only downside about having a garage sale, and that is the HUGE mess it makes of your garage! Let me know if you would like any help getting meals ready for when baby comes--helping cook or keeping the littles entertained. :)