Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The end of the 30 days

So the thirty days really ends today. 30 days is a really long long time! Here is the weekend run down and it's not pretty!

Friday night after 40 plus jars of pears I waivered and called the hubby to please pick up pizza on his way home. $22

Saturday I was bedridden after over exertion on Friday so hubby went to the health store for bread and rice milk 50 bucks later he is out of there, rice milk was 33 of it. He should never go to that store with money in his pocket. Cookies, coconut milk ice cream bars and lots of bread.

Then he brought me home lunch because the kids ate all the leftover pizza, $12.

Sunday no spending just canned 42 more quarts of pears. Hallelujah that's done.

Monday the Meijer festivities began about $15 out of pocket for mad crazy amounts of hand soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, flossers, cotton swabs and whatever else there was.

So add $99 on to my last total = $527.55 for the month!!!! That's almost twice the amount, oh well. I'm sure this is still less than what we normally spend. My goal normally is $150 a week or $600 a month.

I did learn a few things. I need to learn to bake more than cinnamon roll, apple crisp, tortillas and biscuits. We should have a greater supply of frozen veggies in the house for days when the fridge is empty. I miss me my Costco!!! (I'm going later to day to restock:D) Also have more treats for the kids like Popsicles. They go a long way in them not felling deprived.

So there you have it, 30 days in the life of my food budget!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Not bad at all! Are you going to do it another month?