Thursday, October 29, 2009

I need some accountability or something

Money is slipping though my fingers like water these days it seems. Some of it was restocking the house a bit and filling in holes in our emergency food supply but enough is enough. So if it takes me taking pictures of our food to make me really think about what happens to land in my cart so be it.

So here is the second of the 30 days. Okay not 30 days because the last 2 days are like the end of labor, you don't think its ever going to end and you are completely zapped of all your energy so 28 days it is:D

Monday was the official starting day. I'm striving for a 400/450 dollar budget this time. I wrote out a five week menu to finish off October and then all of November. I try to balance feast meals with pauper meals. I also wrote out a two week grocery list to my four stores that I hit regularly. Yesterday I made it to two and the hubby stopped and picked up bread on his way home before the store closed.


Meijer: $85.39

There are some expensive thing in there not normally purchased like balsamic vinegar, paper plates (road trip today so "needed" these) coconut milk to make pumpkin pie for the hubby, and single serve yogurts. By the way pumpkin pie yogurt tastes nothing like pumpkin pie, gag!!!!
The frozen bags of veggies give you the most bang for your buck but you have to cook those.
Target:
$45.50
Lots of veggies and fiber means lots of tp:D (Too much info huh?) Blue corn chips are supposed to be lower on the glycemic index and hubby is trying to watch that. Fruit snacks for the kids, no food coloring -Yeah!!!!
(have you ever tried to find a bag of pretzels without corn syrup??? what do pretzels need corn syrup for anyways, they're a salty snack??)

Health store (not pictured) $7.58
He did make one unauthorized purchase so I'm not counting the coconut ice cream "dove" type bars but I will eat some;-)

Grand total of $138.47

No comments: