Thursday, August 4, 2011

In which I went shopping but we still have "nothing to eat"




Don't you just hate when you drop a bundle on groceries and you still don't have anything to eat? That's just what we did. Costco $82 and Meijer $34, I think I can't find my receipts.




The basics, butter to Vodka:-) We hope to make some infused vodka, aka Sneaky Pete with the vodka. The white flour is a first time purchase at Costco so I can try the artisan 5 minute a day bread that has been floating around the internet.




Meijer has the buy 5 salty snacks get $3 off so we bought 5 bags of rancid vegetable fat chips- yum:-) Hey we can't be perfect.




Highlights:


Corn chips, it's salsa season.


String cheese


10 lbs potatoes, I want to try make and freeze potato boats for easy lunch and breakfasts.


Carrots to shred and mix in with summer squashes and freeze for meatloaf this winter.


BUTTER- of course!


Guacamole to go with the chips and salsa.




Must get in the kitchen and make some food ASAP! Lots of ingredients, no food.

No comments: