Friday, February 25, 2011

Love

I have this little running game with the kidlets. I tell them I love them but don't tell anybody. Then the proceed to say "but mom everybody already knows you love me."

Today the oldest added on that all mothers love their kids. I told him a few don't but yes most do.

Then I got to thinking about it. According to Biblical love most parents DO NOT love their children.

Heb. 12
5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Proverbs 13:24
24He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Hebrews 12:6 (King James Version)
6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

As we can see Biblical parental love is not an emotion, it's an action.

There is a reason why Titus 2 commands the aged women to TEACH the young women to LOVE their children. It just doesn't come naturally to us. They must teach and we must be willing to learn.

Titus 2
3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Do you see that last phrase there,that the the word of God be not blasphemed. This is serious business ladies.

Have you loved your kids lately. I know I have one sweet bundle that could stand to have a little more biblical love applied.

Alright I've had enough rebuking for the day how about you:-)

Emphasis mine.

No comments: