Saturday, January 23, 2010

Natural Living? An Idol?

I stumbled on this blog post and it gave me a very good smack up side the head. It is very timely in my life so I thought I should share it.



Can natural living become an idol? You bet your bottom dollar it can.



The LORD has been pushing me and stretching me in this area as the pay is decreasing and the number of mouths to feed and nourish is increasing. I try to keep these verses in remembrance.



Luke 12: 23The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
24Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fouls?




The LORD will provide. It may not be to my self made standards but HE will provide.



I need to have more balance in my life and more faith.

Do I reach for the Bible as quick as I reach for my new health book? Do I worry about sneaking more green veggies into my kids diet more than I worry about shaping their characters? Do I remember that the LORD is the great healer and not my latest detox diet? Do I judge others who don't adhere to my "guidelines" instead of loving one another as Christ has first loved me?



I still firmly believe real food is better for you. Sole (sustainable, organic, local, ethical) food is better for everyone involved. And real oats are cheaper than Fruit Loops any day. I still believe the food God made is far superior to man made food. So again BALANCE!



Everyone will have to answer for their time on this earth. The mother who dishes up hot dog casserole with true thanksgiving in her heart is better than the mother who cringes at the lack of omega 3's in her kids lunches.

Searching for balance.....

No comments: