Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 15 update

Not much to say except that the hubby should rip the check book right out of my hand and place me on a very strict allowance. He wants nothing to do with that so I better get my act together.

Here is the list of the rest of last weeks spending.

Family Fare: $9 (one last time- 2 juices, salt, the dishwasher detergent Sharon told me about, yet another pineapple)

Orchard $10 (1/2 bushel of honey crisps and 1/2 bushel of Jonagold)

Health Store $45 (3 loaves bread, 2 dozen eggs, dari-free powder, yogurt, children's multi vitamin)

Costco $48 (chicken sausages, ham, nitrate free hot dogs, cheese, breakfast sausages, french bread)

Papa Murphy's Pizza $15 (the hubby made me do it, it didn't take to much persuasion though after spending the afternoon doing leaves)

Family Fare (yes again) $4 (tortillas and foil pans for bring a few meals to someone who had a baby a while back)

That brings this half of the month spending to $395.26. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Seriously I need some intervention! I guess accepting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery right:)!

Here's a little math justification for you.
$600 a month average, 6 people in the family, 30 days in a months= $3.33 a person a day or just over $1.10 a meal. That makes me feel a little better. Take that McDonalds dollar menu!
$450 a month GOAL, 6 people, 30 days= $2.50 a day or .83 per meal.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Eeeep! Are you going to make it? that leaves you about $55.00 for the rest of the month, right?

Stinkin' budget! I took off the last two weeks and haven't been writing it down. I will have to start again next week though. I don't want to get out of control with winter coming up. :) Good job on keeping track of all your spending though!