Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SO SO True!!

The hubby emailed me this this morning and if you have ever home birthed and baby and would like them to get a social security number you can oh so relate. Come on how does a baby have THREE forms of identification?!?!?! It's a little crude but like I said soooooo true.


An actual Letter to the US Passport Office, but when you think about it . . . the same letter would work just as well for any 'government' run office. Ain't it sad ??!!


Dear Sir,
I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe this. How is it that Radio Shack has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a TV cable from them back in 1997, and yet, the Federal Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date. For *** sakes, do you guys do this by hand?
My birth date you have on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 years. It is on my health insurance card, my driver's license, on the last eight passports I've had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the planes over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms that are done at election times.
Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Maryanne, my father's name is Robert and I'd be absolutely astounded if that ever changed between now and when I die??!!!!!!
I do apologize sir. I'm really pissed off this morning. Between you an' me, I've had enough of this bull****! You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my address. What is going on? You have a gang of Neanderthal workin' there!
Look at my picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat. I just want to go and park my ass on a sandy beach. And would someone please tell me, why would you care whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days? If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, I'd sure as hell not want to tell anyone!
Well, I have to go now, 'cause I have to go to the other end of the city and get another copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of $60 !!! Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day?? Nooooo, that'd be too easy and maybe make sense. You'd rather have us running all over the place like chickens with our heads cut off, then find someone to confirm that it's really me on the picture - you know, the one where we're not allowed to smile? Hey, you know why we can't smile? We're totally pissed off!
Signed - An irate American Citizen.
P. S. Remember what I said above about the picture and getting someone to confirm that it's me? Well, my family has been in this country since 1776 when one of my forefathers took up arms against the British. I have served in the military for something over 30 years and have had security clearances up the yingyang. I was aide de camp to the lieutenant governor of our state for ten years and I have been doing volunteer work for the State Police for about five years. However, I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am - you know, someone like my doctor WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN COMMUNIST CHINA!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't get me started about the Secretary of State office, the Post Office or my City Treasurer.

Sharon said...

I wonder how the hospital gets the birth certificate and social security numbers so easily and it is so hard for someone who has their baby at home to get it. I distinctly remember not having to have 3 forms of identification along with me at the hospital. Absolutely craziness!