Thursday, September 15, 2011

In which I equate another thing to child birth

I tend to equate any thing torturous to child birth. Beginning another homeschool year, 18 holes of golf and CANNING PEARS! You just don't want to do it again.

I'll be trilled with the outcome but all that work- augh!

Remember last year and the 97 jars of pears that I canned? It was torturous, crabby mom, crabby kids and a disaster of a house. And yes, they are all gone- already!

At the time I vowed never to do it again, ever.

I told myself I would spurge and buy the big pears so there would be less peeling and peeling and peeling....but a year later I did it again and bought the much cheaper small pears. Why oh why do I torture myself. Oh yes I remember because I'm cheap.

Well they're ripening in the garage so I have a few days to prepare myself. Like you can prepare for that. Like child birth you just got to go through it and pray you make it out on the other side a stronger albeit slightly more traumatized individual.

Now on the other hand if the hubby has the audacity to ask me why I didn't make it to 100 jars like he did last year he might want to take cover:-) I jest! Okay not really.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You're a good mom, Esther! Not very many people would do that for their family.

I'm glad someone else equates another year of homeschooling to childbirth :)