Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Wheat Free Apples Crisp that tastes GOOD!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 7 x 11 casserole dish line with peeled and sliced apples about two layers thick (about 8 apples). In a bowl mix:
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 oat flour
1/4 sweet white sorghum flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
Sprinkle dry mixture over apples. Then slice up 1 stick of butter in thin pats and even distribute over the top. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are softened. This was my first wheat free dessert I enjoyed. It had good texture and no weird after taste. I usually cut the sugar in desserts but being the first try I left it as is. Next time I will try 1 to 1 1/4 cup brown sugar. You could use any pie type fruit, peaches, cherries etc. If you used gluten free oats and ground some in a coffee grinder to make oat flour it would be gluten free also. Enjoy!

No comments: