Wednesday, December 15, 2010

squash

So we are still trying to eat more veggies. So I had to come up with a plan and put it into action.

Monday we had Tex-mex squash soup -which used up the butternut and acorn squash.
Thursday was Spaghetti with well used up the spaghetti squash.
All that is left is pumpkin which will be made into custard or plain pie filling tomorrow.

Monday morning I popped them in the oven so they would be waiting for me when I needed them.

All done!!! Cut open, discard seeds, and scoop out flesh. Puree flesh with stick blender until creamy. This cooking before cutting worked awesome on all except them spaghetti squash, it was kind of hard to get the seeds out with out everything else coming out.

So 4:30 rolled around and I cooked up the meat and onion and added the rest to the pot. Yummy!!!
Tex-mex squash soup
1 quart tomatoes
1.5 lbs venison
leftover salsa frozen from this summer
4-ish cups of squash
1 quart stock
taco seasoning and chili powder to taste
Simmer and serve!! So easy and I can pronounce every ingredient!!!
The poor pumpkin will be used up tomorrow, probably pie for my peeps.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That looks awesome! I will have to try.

Pie for my peeps...hillarious!