Friday, April 23, 2010

NuVal??


Have you heard of it? NuVal is Meijer's way of informing customers of the nutritional value of the foods they sell.

Example fresh blueberries score a perfect 100!! Yeah for the blueberry! Now poor mac and cheese, yes the thing I just bought 50 boxes of to donate, rates a 3!!! A 3 people!!!!!!!!! Is that even worth the calories to ingest some thing like that? The Meijer brand potato chips scored higher than that, okay they only scored a 4 but really.

I'm not sure if I agree with there scoring, they shun fats and "cholesterol". I on the other hand shovel good fats down my kids throat! (We go through about 2 pounds of butter a week.) I personally eat enough eggs to be made of pure cholesterol, yet my cholesterol levels are prefect, pass the bacon please and nicks low fat yogurt! But if you are uneducated in the real food world keep a look out for the NuVal tags.
What are you eating?

No comments: